learn some cool facts about Data Intelligence!
- The amount of digital information that exists in the present time will grow from 4.4 zettabytes today to around 44 zettabytes, or 44 trillion gigabytes by 2020. 44 Trillion zettabytes are equal to approximately 1,600,000,000,000,000 books. 4 years ago, the entire World Wide Web was estimated to contain approximately half of 1 zettabyte.
- Revenue of Analytics Industry expected to increase from $150 Billions to $203 Billions by 2020.
- A 10% increase in data accessibility will result in more than $65 million additional net income for the typical Fortune 1000 company.
- Bad data or poor quality data costs organizations as much as 10-20% of their revenue.
- There will be a shortage of talent necessary for organizations to take advantage of Big Data. By 2018, the United States alone could face a shortage of 140,000 to 190,000 skilled workers with deep analytical skills as well as 1.5 million managers and analysts with the know-how to use Big Data analytics to make effective decisions.
- Currently, there are 230 + million tweets, 294 billion emails sent and over 1 billion Google searches every day.
- By better integrating big data analytics into the healthcare, the industry could save $300 billion a year, which is the equivalent of reducing the healthcare costs of every man, woman and child by $1,000 a year.
- Back in 2016, 90 % of the in data in the world were created in the two years preceding it.
- There are nearly as many bits of information in the digital universe as there are stars in our actual universe.
- We can expect a 40-60 per cent projected annual growth in the volume of data generated, while media intensive sectors, including financial services, will see year on year data growth rates of over 120 per cent.